Here are some interesting facts about catnip:
- Catnip is a perennial (VBP) herb that is native to Europe, Africa, and Asia.
- Catnip belongs to the mint family of herbs and plants.
- Nepetelactone (VBP) is a chemical that is found in catnip and causes a response in some cats' brains that make them go crazy for catnip. Some cats aren't affected by it. (Like Joseph in the video.)
- Very young kittens or senior cats are less likely to have a reaction to catnip.
- Humans can use catnip in teas for relief from nausea, headaches, upset stomach, insomnia, and toothaches.
My most recent kitty never had any response to catnip. What about your cat? Are they crazy for catnip?