Shiner and I have both had some fun features on other website in the past couple of weeks. Shiner was featured on ILoveMyDogMoreThanMyKids.com. @EdiethePug on Twitter was looking for some photos of pets for her feature post - Dogs Celebrating Springtime. Here's the photo that I sent to Edie's mom. Visit the post to see more cute dogs celebrating springtime!
|Shiner is celebrating springtime!|
As for me, I was featured on AllParenting.com in an article titled The Truth About Stay-At-Home Motherhood. It's basically a compilation of the ups and downs of being a stay at home mom from several different women. It's pretty exciting because it's kind of outside of my established "niche".
|Me, Violet, and Lily.|
Also, over at Life With Beagle Lulu's mom, Christie, had a sort of caption contest and made some fun memes with Lulu from her reader's suggestions. I submitted my idea to Christie and she turned it into a great meme! Take a look and see all the funny memes here.
Super Sad Space Puppy Video
Over at I Still Want More Puppies, a super sad space puppy video was posted. I knew it would be sad from the beginning but a part of me hoped it was going to end better. It's a really charming cartoon of a boy and his dog that might leave you wanting a tissue! Regardless, it's still a great video. You can watch the video here.
Blog the Change 4 Animals
About 2 weeks ago was the mark of the quarter annual Blog the Change 4 Animals. I always seem to miss this somehow, but wanted to share my favorite post from it. It was written by Cathy Keisha from Stunning Keisha. She compared owning "dangerous" animals or too many animals to being able to own guns. You definitely need to read it, as she made such an awesome point and I really enjoyed the post. Click here to read CK's BTC4A post.
Fun Pet ECards!
As I was doing my blog rounds the other day, I came across a post on Dog Splendor about new pet Ecards from someecards.com. You know, the funny little cards that have hilarious sayings one them? Well, apparently they now have some new pet cards and they are hilarious! They use actual photographs of dogs and cats and you can even submit your own pet's photo.
|Photo via SomeEcards|
Thank You for the Awards!
In the past week, I have received some wonderful awards from some dear blogging friends! The first award comes from my guinea pig friends Daisy and Cress. It's the Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks so much guys!
This award's rules state that I must list 7 random facts about myself, so here goes:
- I love pickles.
- I have really bad vision and wear glasses.
- I'm afraid of squirrels.
- Enchiladas are my favorite food.
- I know how to drive a boat.
- Purple is my favorite color.
- That pink wig that Shiner wore? It's really mine. ;)
|Who wore it better? =P|
Pretty random I'd have to say. I'll pass this award on to 7 other bloggers I suppose, although I'm not entirely sure that's specifically what the rules state.
- Oz the Terrier - For being such a friendly and flattering pup!
- Writetowag - A blog featuring another adorable Cairn Terrier named Trevor who is also very friendly and flattering.
- Pibbles & Me - To Bren, for being an awesome and extremely helpful friend with a super adorable dog!
- Fur Everywhere - Carmine, Milita, and Jewel are three very special kitties with a really nice mom.
- Speedy the Cheeky House Bunny - Speedy is one super cool bunny who has a really big heart.
- Talking Dogs Blog - Written by Sue, I am very glad to have found this blog - It's great for dog lovers!
- CATachresis - I'm also happy that I started following Austin the cat because he always puts a smile on my face!
The rules on this one say I need to nominate 10 bloggers, but I'll just do 3 since I gave 7 the previous award. That should even it out to 10 - right?
- Brian's Home - To Brian the cat and all of his wonderful sisters and his dad for being such wonderful advocates for cat adoption.
- Easy Blog - Written by a hilarious Weimarainer that is always certain to make me laugh out loud!
- Mollie & Alfie - For being such great pals and also making me laugh my butt off.
It's been awhile since I've *properly* nominated other blogs to receive an award. If you don't do awards, no problem! I completely understand, but I'd still like to nominate you regardless of what you do with them.
I also want to thank everyone for the feedback on the Google+ commenting system. I appreciate it and for now, my commenting system will stay like it is.