|This was too cute not to share today! Reminds me of my mother's|
battle to keep Shiner off of her couch.
Anyways, I have lots of stuff to share with you all today so I better get to it.
- BuildASign Giveaway Winner - Congratulations to Christy H. of Sassmuffins.com on winning our last giveaway! I know Christy will be putting her prize to good use as she'll be showcasing her super cute pet beds at the Austin Pet Expo in 2014. I think she's the only other blogger from the Austin area that I know.
- Guest Post at Keep the Tail Wagging - A few days ago, I was a guest contributor on Kimberly Gauthier's fabulous online magazine - Keep the Tail Wagging. If you haven't already, please stop by and read my guest post there - "Heat Exhaustion and Dogs | What Every Dog Parent Needs to Know".
- Snouts in the City Photo Contest - First of all, you might have noticed a Snouts in the City badge in my sidebar. I recently became acquainted with them and we worked out a plan to swap blog badges. Anyways, they are having a fun photo contest right now and the prize is a $25 gift card to Petsmart. All you need to do is submit a photo of your dog's style to Snouts in the City. Click here to read the full details of the contest.
|Photo from SnoutsintheCity.com|
- Don't Paint Your Turtle! - Even though I have worked with reptiles a lot in the past, I haven't had a chance to write much about them yet. Our good friends at Underneath the Shell are turtle bloggers and they had a great post about the how unhealthy it is to paint your pet turtle. Yes! People really do this...
|Photo via Marcus Couper|
- Pets in Delaware Need Help! - The final thing I have to share is probably the most important. Our friend, Bren from Pibbles & Me, has brought it to our attention that there are about 280 pets in Delaware at Safe Haven (a no-kill shelter) that are in dire need of help! The shelter faces closing at the end of August. They have 50+ dogs that are going to have to be housed outdoors and need supplies to support these animals. You can read the full details at Pibbles & Me here. If you'd like to donate to the cats and dogs of Safe Haven, please visit their donation page at YouCaring here!