One problem I had was knowing what to look for when shopping for natural pet products. How do I know if these things really work? How can I trust that the ingredients in the products are really natural? Are they even safe to give to my dog? As you can tell, I had a lot of questions about using natural pet products. And I'm sure there are other pet owners out there who have the same questions.
I recently had the opportunity to sit in during an interview with Kersten Lee, the Director of Research and Development for a natural pet product company called Only Natural Pet. Kersten has been with the company for 3 and a half years now. During the interview, I learned more about Only Natural Pet, their high standards, and basically what the company is all about.
In the next few weeks, I'll be talking a little bit about Only Natural Pet as well as reviewing a variety of their products. I'm pretty excited after listening to Kersten talk about the brand and company. Here are a few key things I learned about what to look for when shopping for natural pet products from the interview:
- Look for ingredients that are identifiable. Meaning you recognize the ingredients and can actually pronounce them.
- Look for better sourcing of ingredients. Find out where the ingredients in your pet's products come from. I can tell that Only Natural Pet spends a lot of time choosing high quality sources for their products.
- Do the ingredients and products meet human standards? Only Natural Pet uses human quality ingredients for their products.
- Look for natural pet products that don't have pesticides, allergens, chemicals, preservatives, and anything artificial like colors, sweeteners, and/or flavors.
- Can you trust the formulation of the products? Only Natural Pet's products are formulated to be biologically appropriate for cats and dogs by a holistic veterinarian - Dr. Jean Hofve.
- Choose a brand that has a good history with it's customers.
The Only Natural Pet line of natural pet products just became available at Pet360 this month. While browsing through the entire selection of products, I was quite honestly pleasantly surprised! I was expecting a handful of products at most, but I was completely wrong. The selection is huge!
Some of the products in the Only Natural Pet line include natural pet food, treats, chews, supplements, dog and cat vitamins, homeopathic remedies, natural flea repellent and natural flea remedies, natural cat litter, and grooming products. I had a hard time choosing which products I was going to review in the next few weeks to say the least.
I invite you to browse the complete selection of Only Natural Pet products at Pet360 and follow us in the next few weeks for our natural pet products campaign. If you want to become even more acquainted with the brand and their products, I'd recommend watching some of the videos on their YouTube channel.
In the meantime, tell us about what you look for when choosing natural products for your pet in the comments!