This shelter currently takes in 100+ animals a day and in 2013 took in more than 24,000 pets total. These numbers are heartbreaking, but you can help by visiting the Tails & Trails event and showing your support for pet adoption by sharing.
Visitors of the Tails & Trails event can enjoy a nice day in the park checking out the vendor, educational, and food booths, find adoptable dogs, and listen to music. Bring the kids because there will be some fun and educational activities for them as well. And there will be a raffle and silent auction too. Educational booths at the event will focus on the many ways that people can get involved with helping the Montgomery County Animal Shelter.
Here are the many goals of this fun and exciting event:
- Get as many dogs as possible adopted from Montgomery County Animal Shelter.
- Allow foster families to show off dogs for adoption who are not at the shelter, but part of the robust fostering program at Montgomery County Animal Shelter.
- Allow dogs who are generally cooped up in the shelter to get out and get walked away from the shelter, which can be a very scary place for most dogs.
- Educate the community about Montgomery County Animal Shelter and the many volunteer opportunities available to both adults and children at the shelter.
- Educate the community about the importance of spaying/neutering pets and provide information about low cost spay/neuter programs.
- Raise money for Montgomery County Animal Society.
- Provide a fun, family friendly event that will benefit the community.
Since we don't live nearby, we sadly won't be able to make it. In order to help make the event a huge success, we've decided to share Tails & Trails. If you can't make the event, please consider sharing via social media and help spread the word! We hope everyone who attends has a wonderful time and that many dogs find loving forever homes.
If you're interested in sponsoring and/or becoming a vendor at the event, there is still time! Just follow this link for more information.