By visiting your pet's veterinarian on a regular basis for check-ups, you can catch some illnesses early. According to Dr. Ashley Gallagher DVM of Friendship Hospital for Animals in Washington DC, "Annual checkups also allow your vet to more easily spot problems at their earliest stages, when they can often be handled simply and cost effectively.” In this video, Dr. Gallagher shares 3 easy ways to keep your pet healthy and happy.
|One of my favorite patients ready for her check-up!|
Also, emergency and sick vet visits are more expensive by about $50-$200. Of course, all emergency veterinary visits cannot be avoided, but regular check-ups can help. Here are 7 reasons why it's important to take your pet to the vet regularly for check-ups.
- Regular veterinary check-ups are important to keeping your pet healthy and happy for life.
- Pets age faster than humans, so missing one annual check-up is like missing several years worth of check-ups.
- Regular pet check-ups can help detect early health problems. Early detection of health problems means potentially more effective and less costly treatments.
- Some health problems are not always apparent to pet parents which is why it's important to have a veterinarian check them out.
- Keeping your pet's vaccinations up to date helps prevent against diseases.
- Regular veterinary visits help your pet's doctor get to know them better. When a vet knows their patients well, it makes it easier to spot problems.
- Check-ups will help your pet live a long healthy and happy life.
|Kit Kat is ready for a check-up with the vet!|
Another way to keep your pet healthy and happy is by feeding them a nutritious diet. Hill's Science Diet has a full line of foods that address some of the most common health problems that dogs and cats experience, including weight management, hairballs, oral care, and more. These foods are available at your vet's office or pet specialty stores. Some of these diets include:
- Hill's Science Diet Perfect Weight for Dogs and Cats
- Hill's Science Diet Adult Grain Free for Dogs and Cats
- Hill's Science Diet Adult Oral Care for Dogs and Cats
- Hill's Science Diet Adult Hairball Control for Cats
- Hill's Science Diet Adult Healthy Mobility for Dogs
In order to help keep your pet happy and healthy, Hill's Science Diet is giving away $100 towards a vet check-up every day for the 90 days! Want your chance to win? All you have to do is CLICK HERE and fill out the short form with your information to be entered for a chance to win.
This post is sponsored by Hill’s and the Pet Blogger Network. I am being compensated for helping spread the word about Hill’s Science Diet Perfect Weight Food, but Pawsitively Pets only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers. Hill's Pet Nutrition, Inc. is not responsible for the content of this article.