They look pretty yummy, huh? Here's how to make these tasty treats at home for your dog-
Ingredients and Tools
- 1 cup unbleached whole wheat flour
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 handful of blueberries
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 egg
How to Make
- Peel and dice the sweet potato. Bring a pot of water to boil and add your sweet potato chunks. Boil for about 9 - 12 minutes, until soft.
- Drain and let cool. Add blueberries to the cookied sweet potatoes. Use a fork to mash the sweet potatoes and blueberries.
- Add flour, egg, and olive oil and mix well with a spoon. The mixture will be a little sticky. After everything is mixed together well, put it in the fridge covered for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour on your work area and also rub it on your hands and rolling pin. If the dough sticks too much, keep adding flour to your hands. Roll the dough into a ball with your hands and then roll it using your rolling pin on the table about a 1/4" thick.
- Use the cookie cutter to cut out bone shapes in the dough and place them on your baking pan. Place the cookies in an oven preheated to 375 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes.
Shiner really enjoyed eating these cookies, as did the rats. They were a hit here and now I may have to try my hand at some more homemade dog treat recipes. It's fun to experiment with new things in the kitchen. If you make some Chewy Sweet Potato and Blueberry Bone Bites for your dog, I hope they enjoy them as much as my dog did!