School starts for us next week. My oldest daughter is starting middle school and my youngest daughter will begin Pre-K. Woohoo! While I enjoy spending time with them during the Summer, it's always exciting when they return to school in August.
Each year, I have good intentions of getting things done around the house and being productive. It's tough keeping up with the cleaning with two kids and a couple of pets around here. Most of the time, I feel like the house gets dirty just as fast as I can clean it. But maybe... just maybe, I can keep it clean for at least a few hours of the day while the kids are away.
I have a few cleaning routine goals in mind I hope to keep up with for back-to-school time. In no particular order, here's what I hope to improve on:
- Cleaning up after the cats. The cats are really not that messy, but they have their moments. Callie has her very own table and bits of cardboard and fur accumulate there pretty quickly. I already have a self-cleaning litter box for Callie, but Roadside has not yet learned to use it. Roadside the kitten is also very good at dirtying up his kennel almost immediately after I tidy it up, although he is in there much less now that he's grown.
- Organize all my pet stuff. It is true that as a pet blogger, I acquire a good amount of pet products. At the moment, I really need to organize my pet supplies so I can find them when I need them.
- Keep toys picked up. I think the messiest part of my house are the floors. There is always something on the floor, and that something is usually toys. Whether it be kid toys or pet toys. With the kids out of the house for a few hours for school, maybe I'll be able to walk around without worry of stepping on legos.
- Laundry. I am always behind on laundry. I want to step up my laundry game.
- Dishes. We use a lot of dishes and the sink fills up quickly.
- Clean my carpets. The carpets could use a thorough cleaning. I plan to rent a carpet cleaner to use when the kids go back to school. It's inevitable that more spills and accidents will happen. To keep the carpets clean in those cases, I have my Spot Shot® Instant Carpet Stain Remover ready to go.
Using Spot Shot for Carpet Stains
I feel like I need to use my Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain Remover frequently. A few days ago, Shiner barfed on the carpet. Don't worry, she's fine but it happens. Earlier today, my youngest daughter dropped some yogurt on the carpet. Accidents happen and that's fine. I have Spot Shot on my side.
Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain Remover is safe to use around kids and dogs. It instantly eliminates carpet stains, even old ones. It works on pet stains, coffee, spaghetti sauce, grease and oil, marker, wine... just about any stain you could dream up.
Spot Shot's NEW Non-Toxic Pet Formula instantly eliminates tough pet stains and the odors that can come with them, while still being gentle on carpet fibers. I've been using Spot Shot Pet Aerosol Instant Carpet Stain and Odor Eliminator and it works wonders. It's also available in a non-aerosol trigger bottle.
Spot Shot is a BIG part of my back-to-school cleaning routine. You can claim a $1 OFF Coupon for the New Spot Shot Pet HERE. And for more back-to-school cleaning tips, visit the Stain Fighting Community on Facebook HERE.