First of all, you may want to read a few articles and posts from Pawsitively Pets to get a feel for what the blog is about. This blog covers a wide variety of topics, so you should be able to find a topic to write about that suits you. I publish articles about all kinds of animals including dogs, cats, birds, small animals, and reptiles. Some topics include pet health, pet care, humor, inspiring stories, rescue, events, etc.
After you've read a few posts from Pawsitively Pets, you can begin your writing process. Please follow these guidelines when writing your article:
- The article must be at the very least 300 words long.
- The article must be pet-related in nature and approved by me prior to being published.
- The article must not be over-promotional. You may include links if they are relevant to the article. I reserve the right to decline any outgoing links that are included in your article. I also do not publish guest posts that include outgoing links that the guest author is paid to publish on my site. If you're interested in a sponsored post, please look at my PR Friendly page.
- Please include a one paragraph author biography at the end of your article. Here, you can add a link to your blog, Facebook page, etc.
- You can include pictures with your article, only if they are your pictures. Otherwise, I will select relevant pictures to go with the article.
- I am currently only accepting guest posts from authors who have their own blog. I may consider guest posts from book authors.
- I will consider allowing relevant links to you past blog posts in the article.
After you've written your article and followed the guide, you can submit the article to me at annstaub at yahoo dot com. I will review the article and decide if it's something I would be interested in publishing and suggest any revisions that need to be made. I will also select a publish date. I follow a weekly editorial calendar, so your article may not be published immediately.
I reserve the right to decline any guest authors. If you're a fellow pet blogger, or even another type of blogger, I'd love to have you submit a guest post to Pawsitively Pets! If you have any other questions, please let me know!