Today marks our 3rd Blogiversary, which is a little hard to believe. I've made great friends online, both bloggers and readers. Hopefully, one of these days I'll be able to actually meet a few of you. I've learned a lot about blogging and social media. I've also learned a lot about pets.
This year has been a pretty good year for myself and Pawsitively Pets. Here are a few of my favorite highlights:
- Pawsitively Pets was one of four blog finalists in the BlogPaws Nose-to-Nose Awards for "Best Written Blog Post". While I did not win the award, it's a sort of dream-come-true for a Pet Blogger just to be a finalist.
- I had my first interview with a printed magazine that is published here in Austin, TX. The magazine is called "Austin Pets Directory", and it was an awesome experience.
- My blog numbers have grown, and continue to grow. My monthly pageviews have increased by an average of 20,000 per month this year. I also beat a few pageview records for myself in the past year.
- I've been fortunate enough to work with several brands that I love and bring exciting giveaways to my readers.
- I continue to work towards perhaps being able to continue to work as a Pet Blogger and completely support myself financially one of these days.
- I added a new furry family member to the mix - Callie the Calico. My life had been cat-less for far too long.
Despite some bumps in the road along the way, I think the blog is doing pretty good. It was a tough start to 2015, losing my mother to breast cancer in December. (It's Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and I do plan to write something this month. I just am not sure yet which approach I'd like to take.)
However, today I'm celebrating my successes and would like to say Thank You to all of you. If you are new to Pawsitively Pets, welcome! I hope you'll stick around for a while.
I wasn't sure how I wanted to celebrate this year, but I went ahead and decided on doing a giveaway. I was going to do one gift card for US only, but decided to split that into 2 cards. My international friends almost never get the chance to enter our giveaways. (Sorry guys - I try! It's usually up to the sponsor.) As a small token of my appreciation, here's what you can win for Pawsitively Pets' 3rd Blogiversary Celebration:
- US ONLY - $25 Gift Card to PetSmart (Ages 18+, void where prohibited by law.)
- INTERNATIONAL ONLY - $25 Gift Card to Amazon (Ages 18+, void where prohibited by law.)
To enter, fill out as many entry options as you want to in the Rafflecopter form. They are not all mandatory, but the more entry options you complete the more chances you have at winning. One US and one international winner will be selected randomly. This giveaway ends on October 17th, 2015 at midnight CT. Good luck!